My little brother always asks for pancakes for breakfast.
Who am I to say no?
These pancakes are light, fluffy and delicious. All that you need to do – is drown them in maple syrup!
Before I learnt to cook, we used to rely on Dad for his famous pancakes – which in reality were actually rock cakes masquerading as pancakes – but I didn’t know any better ❤
This is a basic pancake batter, for variations see my other pancake recipes.
Serves 2 ~ (or 1 really hungry person) 😉
© 60g self-raising flour
© 30g plain flour
© Pinch salt
© 1 egg
© 160ml milk or buttermilk
© ¼ cup sugar
© Drizzle vanilla
© Dash cinnamon
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Grease if necessary, or to add additional flavour.
- Whisk wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk in sugar until well incorporated.
- Sift and stir in flour, salt and cinnamon. Mix till well combined.
- Pour about a 1/3 cup batter (large pancake) or a ¼ (small pancake) into the pan, cooking until the edges of the pancake take on a ‘cooked’ appearance and the pancake itself has bubbles appearing on the surface. Using a spatula, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
- Serve according to preference.
© Maple syrup and cinnamon
© Golden syrup and chocolate drizzle
© Berry compote
© Lemon juice and coconut sugar
© Banana and yogurt
© Ice-cream and syrup