Even better than fluffy pancakes.
Vanilla flavored french toast – crunchy and golden on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside.
I used to hate eggs and rejected anybody who would try to serve these up, but in 6th grade I slept over at a friends and we managed to (between 5 of us) finish off a whole loafs worth of french toast!
I recommend using high quality vanilla bean paste for this recipe, however if that is not available, you can use vanilla extract or essence.
Vanilla French Toast
© ½ cup milk (I used vanilla soy, but any kind of milk is fine)
© 2 eggs
© 1 tsp. vanilla
© 2 tsp. caster sugar
© 4 slices bread of choice
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, vanilla and caster sugar until well combined.
- Using one slice at a time, gently coat the bread and soak for approximately 45 seconds each side (the longer you soak the bread, the ‘soggier’ it will be).
- Place the coated slice down and cook until browned, flip and repeat.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all slices have been cooked.
- Serve hot!
© Lemon and caster sugar
© Butter and maple syrup
© Vanilla ice-cream and melted chocolate
*Please note, the alcohol reference is from the vanilla extract that the website acquires the information from.