Think rich, chewy, dark chocolate, then a burst of candied orange, a subtle hint of coconut.
Anyone else drooling?
I’ve had this bet with myself that I can manage not to lick a single bowl or spoon that I use while baking.
So much harder than it looks.
But so far I’m still going!
This cookies are like a hybrid of a Terry’s Chocolate Orange with coconut thrown in :O
Only better of course 😉
Dark Chocolate, Candied Orange & Coconut Cookies
© 100g butter
© 110g brown sugar
© 1 beaten egg
© 1 ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
© 135g plain flour
© 1 tsp. vanilla paste
© 2 tbsp. coconut
© 25g diced candied orange peel*
*I will be uploading my candied peel recipes in the near future.
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
- Switching to a wooden spoon, whip in egg white and vanilla till well combined.
- Sift cocoa powder and plain flour, and then stir thoroughly.
- Fold in the vanilla paste, coconut and diced candied orange peel.
- Roll and place 12 cookies, evenly spaced (these cookies do spread when baked). Bake for approximately 12 minutes (These cookies will appear undercooked, leave to cool and they will harden and become chewy.)
- Cool, and serve (: