Right now our family is going through bananas like they are never ending… Seriously!
i managed to use 3 in my baking, Dad took 2 with him to work and my little brother had one for breakfast….
So much for rationing 😛
These muffins conjure up memories of summer, and strawberry banana smoothies…
I miss summer so much! Winter just seems to lack any real appeal factor – other than hot chocolate or chai tea 😉
So if you are in the mood for some skinny summer muffins, or just love strawberries and banana in a muffin shaped serving, you will love this completely healthy recipe!
Skinny Strawberry Banana Muffins
© 100g rolled oats
© ¾ cup whole meal flour
© 1 tbsp. baking powder
© Pinch salt
© 1 tsp. cinnamon
© 1 tsp. nutmeg
© 2 mashed bananas
© ½ cup fat free unsweetened yogurt (I recommend Jalna)
© 1 egg white
© 1 tsp. vanilla paste
© 2 tbsp. xylitol (or sugar of choice)
© 1 tbsp. shredded coconut
© ¼ cup diced strawberries
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- Line a 12 muffin tray with liners of choice.
- Combine mashed bananas, coconut, diced strawberries, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in xylitol (sweetener of choice), egg, and all other ingredients.
- Combine well, then fill each muffin liner till ¾ full or the batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a drying rack.
- Store in the fridge, due to the moist nature of these muffins.