Steaming hot, gooey, chocolate cake…
Creamy ice-cream melting into the cracks…
Ah I drooled onto my laptop.
These little ramekin cakes are perfect for that winter chocolate craving.
If you are looking to lighten this recipe up, you can substitute all the liquid components for water or unsweetened almond milk 🙂
Molten Chocolate Pots with Ganache Sauce
© Pinch salt
© Dash vanilla extract
© ¼ cup icing sugar
© 1/3 cup cocoa powder
© ¼ cup plain flour
© ¼ cup full cream
© ¼ tsp. cinnamon
© 1/8 cup vegetable oil
© ¼ cup water
© 1 tbsp. cornstarch
© 1 tsp. baking soda
© 100ml cream
© 50g milk chocolate
- Preheat an oven to 180C.
- Grease 3 ramekins with melted butter or oil.
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a bowl, whisking well until all lumps are gone.
- Pour the batter between 3 ramekins, bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the top of the cakes are crisp. (Don’t test using a skewer, the cake it supposed to be dense and gooey). Meanwhile, heat the cream and chocolate in a heatproof bowl till well combined.
- Set the ganache aside until ready for use.
- Place the cakes onto a cooling rack.
- When ready, serve these cakes warm in the ramekins, topped with ice-cream of choice (or as is), with the chocolate ganache sauce!