I’ve been dying to try this flavour combination – pistachios, nutty and rich, paired with chickpeas – earthy and delicious.
It was worth the wait!
These little balls of goodness are delicious :3
Serve these with sauce of choice, I recommend something spicy and creamy – spiced yogurt dip or perri perri sauce!
Best part is – these are 100% healthy, protein packed and delicious.
Pistachio Falafel Balls
© 485 drained canned chickpeas
© 90g raw pistachios
© Juice of 2 lemons
© Pinch salt
© Pinch white pepper
© ½ tsp. mustard seeds
© 1 tsp. harissa paste
© 2 dried chilies
© ½ tsp. garam masala
© Pinch dried green mango (amchar) powder
© Bunch parsley
© Bunch coriander
© ½ tsp. chives
© 1 tsp. paprika
© 1 tbsp. hummus
© Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place raw pistachios onto the baking tray.
- While waiting for the oven to heat, place all ingredients except coconut oil into a food processor.
- Place the pistachios into the oven, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Once baked, take out of the oven to cool.
- Once cooled, add the pistachios into the food processor.
- Process all ingredients until uniform, transfer to a bowl.
- Heat coconut oil in a bowl – enough to roll the balls in to coat.
- Turn the oven up to 200C.
- Roll balls of the falafel mixture, coat in coconut oil and place onto baking tray.
- Once all the balls have been rolled, bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Take out of the oven, leave to cool.
- Serve with sauce of choice.