Life is finally slowing down – School holidays are just around the corner and I am desperate to get back into my hobbies.
Last Sunday I ran a fun run which is quite popular in town, I managed to time 12km in an hour and 8 minutes!
For a first marathon, I’m damn pleased.
I’ve only just regained full motion from my muscles without pains though 😛
So Nicholas and I were wondering what to do with a packet of Oreos and some left over Tim Tams – and I had a brainwave.
What about covering them with cookie dough and baking them….
I think I should have had an animated light bulb above my head.
It’s not an original idea, it has been all over Tumblr, but it was definitely worth playing around with!
Try experimenting with changing the ‘surprise’ inside the cookie!
On wards to delicious goodness:
Oreo & Tim Tam Stuffed Cookies
© 230g unsalted organic butter (softened)
© 100g milk chocolate
© 150g Tim Tams
© 150g Oreos
© 1 cup organic brown sugar
© 2 free range eggs
© 1.5 cups whole meal plain flour
© 1 cup self-raising flour
© Pinch salt
© Pinch cinnamon
- Preheat an oven to 180C or 160C fan forced.
- Line 4 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon, until white and fluffy.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in flour until well combined. Crush chocolate into small pieces, and then fold through the cookie dough batter.
- Chop each Tim Tam into 4 pieces and each Oreo in half.
- Take a ball of cookie dough and flatten in the palm of your hand. Place either a piece of Tim Tam or Oreo and roll the dough until completely covered.
- Place each cookie onto the baking trays.
- Bake each tray for approximately 12 minutes, then leave to cool – they will firm up, don’t move them until they are completely cooled!
- Serve to unsuspecting guests, watch them discover chocolaty goodness.