I got a little carried away in Photoshop today, but isn’t that what photography is all about?
Holidays right now and life is fantastic, I managed to get my P plates today (so I can officially drive solo) 😉
I think I will panic the first time I drive by myself, I mean shouldn’t someone be in the seat next to me?
The freedom will be incredible though – I can’t wait just to drive anywhere and everywhere!
What was your first solo drive? Did you buy your own car?
I’m not buying a car, luckily my mum is happy to share hers. I’m probably moving somewhere to study after high school, so I can do without for a while.
My dream car is a mini cooper though – how cute are they!
Back to the recipe.
I have this recent obsession with sweet potato, this vegetable is packed full of nutrients – protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, etc. Couldn’t get much better.
This recipe is great as a quick snack or a small meal, just add more sweet potato for a bigger serving.
If you are a peanut butter nut like I am, try having steamed sweet potato and peanut butter – it’s INCREDIBLE.
Basil & Garlic Sweet Potato
- 1 large sweet potato (preferably organic)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Set up steamer of choice. I use a steamer that works in the microwave, which cooks the sweet potato in approximately 5 minutes.
- The skin of the sweet potato contains valuable nutrients, however needs to be cleaned before consumption. Scrub the skin of the potato till shiny and dirt free, then proceed to slice into coins of approximately 5-8cm thickness.
- Place the sweet potato into the steamer and cook until soft, but not too long, or they will collapse when tossed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Finely dice garlic and place into a serving bowl alongside the peppers, salt, vinegar and oil.
- Wash the basil leaves thoroughly, and then shred using your hands or a knife. Place into the serving bowl.
- Toss the sweet potato in the serving bowl, distributing equally.
- Viola! An easy snack or small, nutritious meal (: