So I invented a word for how great this banana bread is!
I’ve had a recent fascination for an ingredient called coconut flour.
What is great about coconut flour is that it is both gluten free, but also contains 4x the fibre and 2x the protein in comparison to wheat based flours!
Coconut has been a victim of the anti-fat brigade – and wrongly so!
Coconut contains healthy fats – and when eaten in moderation – has been proven to be nutritionally beneficial.
So get your coconut on 😀
The only point is when substituting coconut flour it is not a 1:1 ratio with wheat flours, it requires 2x the amount of eggs to be added, as well as self-raising agents to be added. It can be combined with wheaten flours in a 1:3 ratio if you aren’t looking to be gluten free.
Bootilicious Banana Bread
- 2 large, ripe organic bananas
- ¾ cup organic coconut flour
- 6 free range eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup fat free yogurt
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil/olive oil
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl; use a fork or your hands.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the bananas in the bowl, starting with the liquids then adding in dry ingredients till well combined; use a whisk, or wooden spoon.
- Line a bread/loaf tin with baking paper and grease accordingly if non-stick.
- When the oven is ready, pour the batter into the tin and bake for approximately 50minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely, and then serve to your liking.