I have a love affair with all things chickpea.
Hummus, in curry, in salad, in soup, in everything.
What they lack in visual flair, they make up in taste!
This salad is great when eating clean and working on a healthier lifestyle, and the ingredients are not hard to come by.
I didn’t include a dressing with this recipe, however I love using a dash of apple cider vinegar with a pinch of salt and cracked pepper (simple is sometimes best – but if you like creamy dressings, try a combination of a healthy yogurt with mint or basil and garlic.
The nutritional benefits on this recipe are too many to list myself, so check out the stats below 🙂
Time: 10 minutes
Skinny Chickpea Salad
- Chopping board
- Peeler (if required)
- Large salad bowl
- Salad servers
- 2 large carrots (purple or orange)
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 red bell peppers (capsicum)
- 1 tomato
- 150g chickpeas
- 1 head ice-burg lettuce
- Wash and prepare the vegetables according to preference, I prefer to leave the skin on as it has valuable nutrients, but that is personal taste.
- Chop the carrot, capsicum, and cucumber into roughly equal sized cubes, throw into the salad bowl.
- Carefully dice one tomato and likewise with the ice-burg lettuce, and add to the bowl.
- Throw in cooked chickpeas and mix using salad servers.
- Serve with your desired dressing and enjoy!