I’m so so so so sorry for neglecting my blogging responsibilities!
I have been snowed under just with school, but I’ve also been training for a 12km marathon run, so you guys can forgive me right? 😦
I also got my own electric guitar last weekend – I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED!
It’s a really amazing Ibanez second hand guitar, but I love it none the less.
Back to the recipe 😛
This is for all you chickpea lovers out there – yes you!
I have to say, this recipe is definitely wonderfully creamy and reminded me of home (Malaysia) a lot :’)
It’s a healthier, more vitamin packed version of your average curry, with protein from the chickpeas and plenty of goodness from spinach, not to mention the fact that it contains no oils or fats (other than the coconut).
So serve this as is, or with your fav healthy carbohydrate for a complete meal!
Coconut Spinach Chickpea Curry
© 100g organic baby spinach
© 1 brown onion (sliced)
© 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
© ½ tbsp. Amchar powder (green mango powder – optional)
© 1 tsp. crushed ginger paste
© ½ tsp. garam masala
© 250mL water
© 15g coconut powder
© 1 tsp. turmeric powder
© 1 can drained chickpeas
© 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
© 2 tomatoes (diced)
© 2 dried chilies
© 1 tbsp. rolled oats
© Pinch salt
© Pinch pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Pour in 50ml water, onions, garlic, coconut powder and spices; Boil until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes and spinach leaves; add the rest of the liquids.
- Boil until the mixture has thickened and become almost dry.
- Add in chickpeas and stir well.
- Take off the heat.
- Serve in dish of choice, with rice, naan, roti, or any other medium, or just by itself!