This is a yeast free bread recipe I’ve put together for when you want to bake a quick loaf without all that rising time!
It’s a fluffy, sweet loaf that goes really well with nut butters, jams or even by itself.
Personally – an inch thick worth of peanut butter works best 😉
Cinnamon & Raisin ‘Bread’
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Loaf tin
- Baking paper
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ½ cup organic raisins/sultanas
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. olive oil, nutmeg, and salt
- 1 cup fat and sugar free yogurt
- 2 tbsp. organic honey
- Pre-heat oven to 180⁰C, and line a loaf tin with baking paper hanging over the sides to make it easy to lift the loaf out when cool.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and either kneed by hand or with a wooden spoon till a dough consistency.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for approximately 40 minutes – or until golden and crusty.
- Once cool enough lift the loaf out of the tin and leave to cool.
- Serve with nut butter, or your choice of spread!