These cookies are (get ready for it):
HAVE RASPBERRIES (ABOUT TIME KRISSY)
HAVE PEANUT BUTTER
ARE ONLY 40 CALORIES PER COOKIE
(although I almost consumed the whole batch the minute they came out the oven…wooops)
It was a cold summer night (bit of an oxymoron) but I had the biggest cravings for cookies – and not the healthy kind.
Now I knew I needed to find a healthier alternative, and dug through some old vegan recipes I had been saving for a rainy day, and discovered a cookie recipe worth its weight in gold.
It doesn’t get any better than peanut butter and raspberries in a cookie!
Peanut Butter & Raspberry Mini Cookies
- Mixing bowl
- Hands (best tools for mixing)
- Measuring cups & spoons
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 120g ground rolled oats (oat flour)
- ¼ cup sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
- Pinch salt, cinnamon & nutmeg
- 128g unsalted peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16 raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Line several baking trays with baking paper, and turn oven to 180⁰C.
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and using your hands, combine till a uniform ball of dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch cookie balls, then place onto a baking tray, finishing off with a raspberry on top of each cookie.
- Bake each tray for 12 minutes and leave to cool on the trays.